At Prairie Trail Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic, we strive to help our patients recover by understanding their injury and the healing process which allows them to regain their strength, minimize discomfort and prevent future complications. Our elite staff of physiotherapists all have a degree from an accredited physical therapy education program in Canada as well as being registered with the regulatory board.
How We Can Help You
We pride ourselves in the following services to minimize our patient’s discomfort during treatment.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is used to treat those who suffer from muscle spasms, headaches and acute to chronic pain. Acupuncture and physiotherapy for treating car accidents are both common recovery procedures that many participate in when trying to get back on their feet. The treatment is performed by one of our certified physiotherapists using disposable sterile needles that are inserted into the body’s acupoints to target a patient’s discomfort.
- Arthritis Treatment – The Arthritis Treatment uses medication, physiotherapy, and arthroscopic surgery in hopes to prevent joint replacement for those who find themselves suffering from Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia or Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Massage Therapy – Massage Therapy is commonly known relaxation, rehabilitation and reducing muscle tension but it can be used to prevent conditions from worsening. All of our employees are R.M.T. (registered massage therapists).
- Back and Neck Pain Treatment – Those who find themselves suffering from back and neck pain should not ignore their discomfort. Our certified physiotherapist will perform a noninvasive assessment to identify the source of discomfort and customize a specific treatment plan to alleviate that discomfort.
- Dry Needling – Dry Needling derives from acupuncture to treat tennis elbow, whiplash, jaw pain and other sports injuries. A physiotherapist will use a fine needle and insert into the trigger point of a muscle. A muscle is agitated, the patient will experience a brief moment of discomfort before an overwhelming feeling of relief when the muscle relaxes.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – If you did not know, the Manitoba Public Insurance will cover the cost of therapy if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident. Our team of elite physiotherapist is trained to treat whiplash, muscle strains and tears, ligament strains and tears, fracture rehabilitation and much more.
- TMJ/TMD Jaw Pain – Temporomandibular Joint, or TMJ, is more common than many people think. From mild to severe jaw discomfort can affect an individual’s general habits such as eating, laughing, yawning or talking. Treatment plans will vary from patient to patient. Our physiotherapists are certified to come up with a specific plan which caters to a patient’s specific needs.
- Reconditioning Programs – Our reconditioning programs are not one size fits all. This program not only fits the physical ability of the patient but also meets the demand for the occupation they are currently out of due to injury.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries – Repetitive Strain Injuries affect tendons, muscles, nerves, and joints. It can be caused by force, rapid movement, excessive strain and much more. To treat RIS, physiotherapist educates our patients as well as provide activity modification.
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation – Sports injuries can vary from patient to patient. As a result, our physiotherapist will perform a thorough evaluation before creating a healing and conditioning program.
- Independent Physiotherapy Exam – Our physiotherapist will perform a full physical exam completed with documentation to fulfill any education, work or sport related requirements.
- Surgical Rehabilation & Prehabilitation – Whether you are preparing for a surgery or recovering post surgery, we can help you through this tough time by working with you to get your body working at full capacity.
- Workplace Injury Treatment – If you have suffered from a workplace injury, come see us. We treat many workplace related injuries from back and neck pain to muscle strains, and more.
Ready to Book an Appointment?
Specializing in everything from workplace injuries and sports injuries to car accident recover, our expert team can help you get back to your best self. We encourage those interested in our services to visit: http://www.prairietrailphysio.ca/contact/. The page provides our contact information as well as the New Patient Intake Form which can be downloaded and should be completed prior to your first appointment. We are open Monday to Friday, from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. If you have any questions, you are encouraged to call during the appropriate business hours.