Whether you need a moment of relaxation, to reduce muscle tension or attain relief from chronic pain or injury rehabilitation, a massage can enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being as well as your quality of life.
Massage therapy can be used in the treatment of both acute and chronic stages of conditions. While massage therapy can benefit the injured, the ill and the stressed, the strength of massage therapy in preventing illness and conditions before they develop should not be overlooked.
Massage therapy has a wide range of benefits for people of all ages including children, older adults, pregnant women, athletes, office workers and those affected by various medical conditions.
These benefits are known to include:
- Effective reduction and management of pain (including postoperative management, arthritis, whiplash, sprains/strains, work related injuries, sports injuries, and cancer-related pain)
- Management of depression and anxiety
- Improved immune function
- Reduction of inflammation
- Improved body awareness
- Decrease in stress hormones
- Enhanced healing of scar tissue
- Improved sleep
- Reduction of muscle tension and spasm
- Reduction of headaches
- Improved joint mobility
- Improved posture
- Improved lymphatic drainage.
- Pregnancy and labour support
- Support for palliative care
We employ only those who are registered massage therapists (R.M.T), and have completed at least two years of education at a recognized school of massage therapy, and who is a registered member of the Massage Therapy Association of Manitoba.
This information on this page was presented by The Massage Therapy Association of Manitoba at https://www.mtam.mb.ca/.